The High Council of Miklagard is composed of thirteen powerful mageborns. Komu is the leader of the council in Books 1 through 6. Councilmember Delthen is also mentioned as a member of the council and a main character in the Chronicles of Tallin. In The Shadow Grid Returns, Komu has passed away and Delthen has taken over as de-facto leader.
- Risear (mentioned first in Book 2)
- Goris (thick-set, short man, first appearance Book 8)
- Kelmat (oldest councilmember in terms of age, thin and grey-haired, first appearance Book 8)
- Sisren (mentioned to have resigned from the council in Book 4)
- Komu: Leader (reported deceased in Book 7)
- Delthen (deceased, murdered by his apprentice Ungo in Book 8)
- Narcissa (the council's only female member, first appearance in Book 8, killed in Book 8)
- Kern (wily and ambitious, reported as recently elected to the council in Book 8, killed in Book 8)
- Bulwith (he is described as an old man in his nineties with blue eyes. He is mentioned first in Book 2, then mentioned as a former member in Book 8. He helps Tallin bury the dead after the Fall of Miklagard) He is described as Sela's former Master, who she apprenticed under when she was a student.